Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not have read permissions to the global assembly cache.

I happen to received this error after someone removed my domain account from administrators group in my workstations due to conficker threat. Most of my installed applications gone berserk. So I went to seek help to get my local administrator permission back so that I could do most of administrative task on my workstation.


Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.


Solution:

1. go to command prompt and give the permission back to affected user process.
2. type this this command and replace the domain\user with you own.

cacls %windir%\assembly /e /t /p domain\useraccount:R

3. check your site again.

No comments:

Post a Comment